Cancellation & Weather Policy
By registering for this tournament, you and your team agree to all information on this page.
Withdrawal of your team:
- We will ALWAYS do everything we can to fill your spot with a wait-listed team and provide you a 100% refund. This becomes very difficult within 30 days of the tournament date and in this case we will not be able to provide a refund to your team. If you're able to find a replacement team to fill your spot within 30 days of the tournament, we can definitely replace your team no problem and that replacement team can pay you directly for the spot.
- Teams that would like to withdraw their team entry to the tournament on or prior to September 1 can receive 75% of the registration fee back or wait until we have a wait-list that may possibly be able to fill your spot. (Typically the tournament sells out by October 1st and then the wait-list begins to grow)
If the event is forced to cancel on or prior to January 15th for any reason:
- You may receive 50% refund and will have a guaranteed spot for your team the following year.
If the event is forced to cancel between January 15th and the first day of the event for any reason:
- You may receive 25% refund and will have a guaranteed spot for your team the following year.
*We'd be more than happy to talk with you about our refund policy, how it was determined and any other questions you may have! Please call David at 855-732-3771
Tournament directors will make all decisions on ice and weather safety.
- (8/24/20) At this point in time nothing has changed for The Pabst Colorado Pond Hockey Tournament and we are confident that events of this size and nature will be allowed and operable in a safe way. Yes, there's a good chance we will need to make some changes this year to adapt and adhere to whatever the COVID guidelines may be on the event dates. It is definitely possible to operate an outdoor event like this tournament while adhering to guidelines. It'll be a year to remember! (or forget, depends on your perspective!)
- We'll keep all registered teams informed to any changes that may happen this year.
The Colorado Pond Hockey Tournament is not liable for your team's travel, such as but not limited to air travel, lodging expenses, auto rental, and personal auto travel. Most all travel entities offer low cost travel insurance when booking.
All players must sign a liability release form at the tournament registration, prior to all tournament games, acknowledging they understand and accept that there are risks involved in participating in any and all recreational activity, are aware of those risks, and are voluntarily participating in the CPHT with knowledge of the risks involved. All players agree to accept and and all such risks of injury, death and/or property damage or loss. In consideration for being allowed to participate in this activity, all players agree to the terms of this waiver, release, covenant not to sue and indemnity agreement as set forth herein. All players, on behalf of themselves, their heirs, next of kin, assigns and personal representative will waive, release, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Colorado Pond Hockey Tournament, The Recess Factory LLC, and its subsidiaries, all CPHT sponsors, the Town of Silverthorne, Summit County and all members, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, or any other representatives of the aforementioned entities against any and all causes of action, claims, demands, losses, expenses, liability.
We reserve the right to use the names and photos of registered team members and team names for all tournament promotion, including the
website, press releases, media and marketing.